Skip to content
- To serve as a fact finder for the court by completely researching the background of child abuse, neglect and dependent cases.
- To speak for the child in the courtroom, focusing solely on the child’s best interests. A CASA volunteer provides carefully researched information to help the judge make decisions.
- To continue to monitor the child during life of the case, helping to ensure he or she will be raised in a safe, permanent and nurturing home.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Complete the application process
- Complete a face-to-face interview with the CASA Director
- Pass all requirements
- Complete 40 hours of training
- Must be available for court hearings
- Must be available for an 18-24 months commitment